- 1995-1999 University of Cambridge, Department of Chemistry,
Cambridge, England. Ph.D. in ATMOSPHERIC MODELLING.
- 1992-1993 University of Surrey, Electronic Engineering
Department, Guildford, England. M.Sc. in TELEMATICS.
- 1990-1992 University of Athens, Laboratory of Meteorology,
Athens. M.Sc. Degree in METEOROLOGY.
- 1986-1990 University of Athens, Physics Department, Athens
B.Sc. Degree in APPLIED PHYSICS.
- 2000-today Researcher, National Observatory of Athens,
Institute of Environmental Research and Sustainable Development,
- 1999-2000 J.P. Morgan Investment Bank, City of London,
- 1995-1998 University of Cambridge, Research Assistant,
- global and regional climate model output processing for
the analysis of extreme climate events in Europe and the
Mediterranean using statistical analysis techniques.
- assessment of impacts from future scenarios of climate
change and extreme events for the sectors of energy, forest
fire and tourism.
- chemical transport models for the study of tranboundary
air pollution and transformation of chemicals in the troposphere.
- scientific journals reviewer: Journal of Geophysical Research,
Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, Regional Environmental
Change, Journal of Environmental Radioactivity.
- enhancement of public awareness of science through articles
in the Greek press related to major project achievements
in climate change and atmospheric pollution.
Research Project experience:
- MICE-Modelling the impacts of climate extremes.
- MINOS-Mediterranean Intensive Oxidant Study.
- Three dimensional modelling of the intercontinental transport
of ozone and aerosols in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- ENSEMBLES-based prediction of climate change and their
- DeSurvey- Desertification Survey.
- CIRCE- Climate Change and Impacts Research: The Mediterranean
- Lead author of the Intergovernental Panel for Climate
Change- United Nations (IPCC)s 4th Assessment Report
on Climate change impacts and adaptation: Europe Chapter
(published in 2007).